Pre-Purchase Inspection Services
Pre-Purchase Property Inspections
At Eagle Property Inspections, our Pre-purchase Property Inspections in Melbourne can help provide you with a more complete understanding of the property you are considering purchasing. The inspection comprises a visual assessment of the property with the intention of identifying major defects and to form an opinion regarding the general condition of the property at the time of inspection.
We are all guilty of letting our heart overrule our heads on occasions but if you take the time to read through our detailed reports you will be able to make the best decisions regarding the long-term future of the property in question. Pre-purchase building inspections are becoming increasingly common in Melbourne and we can usually provide you with our report within a few days of you requesting it.
Hundreds of items are checked during this visual inspection, providing you with a written account of the current condition of the property. The following areas are inspected, where applicable:
- The interior of the building: ceilings; walls; floors; windows; doors & frames; kitchen; bathroom; WC; ensuite; laundry; stairs & damp problems
- The exterior of the building: walls (including lintels, claddings, doors & windows); timber or steel frames & structures; chimneys; stairs; balconies, verandas, patios, decks, suspended concrete floors, balustrades
- The roof exterior: roof (including tiles, shingles & slates, roof sheeting, gables, flashings); skylights, vents, flues; valleys; guttering; downpipes; eaves, fascia’s and barges
- The roof space: roof covering; roof framing; sarking; party walls; insulation
- The sub-floor space: timber floor (including supports, floor, ventilation, drainage, damp); suspended concrete floors
- The property within 30m of the house and within the boundaries of the site: car accommodation, detached laundry, ablution facilities and garden sheds; retaining walls (where supporting other structures and landscaping retaining walls > 700mm high); paths & driveways; steps; fencing (general & swimming pool); surface water (drainage effectiveness)
This inspection can also be useful for your own property, whether you are looking at selling or have some concerns and want a complete understanding of the current condition of your home. This again puts you in the strongest possible position to make decisions regarding any work that may or may not need to be carried out.
Our Pre-purchase Property Inspection Reports are completed to the Australian Standards AS 4349.1-2007 (Pre-purchase Inspections for Residential Buildings) and provide you with details of all the areas listed above, in an easy to read format.
Inspection Agreement – To comply with the Australian Standards insurers require that every Pre-purchase Inspection has an Inspection Agreement accepted by the client before commencement of the Inspection. We email this agreement to you prior to the Inspection and ask you to sign and email back the agreement. Click here to read the Inspection Agreement – Inspection Agreement – Eagle Property Inspections
Eagle Property Inspections service all the Melbourne metropolitan area, as well as the Mornington Peninsula, the Dandenong Ranges, the Yarra Valley and West & Central Gippsland.
If you would like more information about our pre-purchase property inspections in Melbourne you can call James on 0417 532 605, alternatively via email: email@example.com or via our contact us page on our website. You can be sure of a rapid and professional response to any of your queries.
Commonly Found Defects
Many defects listed in our reports are minor in nature, some are normal maintenance items that you’ll find on many properties. However, some defects are more major and can cause long lasting damage to the property if not repaired. Some defects can be quite costly to repair and by having a Pre-Purchase Property Inspection completed on any property you are considering buying, you’ll be better informed about the potential repair costs that may be associated with the property.